5 WAYS TO DEAL WITH STRESS

21:19:00

Today is something a bit different to what I would usually do but I felt like it was something I wanted to share because it has been a part of my life recently. I know everybody deals with some kind of stress whether that is through school, relationships or anything else. So today I thought I would share with you 5 Ways to Deal With Stress. These are different things that help me personally and work a charm. Lets get started!





Physical Activity

Ok, so I definitely don't mean to scare you or anything by saying you have to run 5 kilometres or work out in a gym for 2 hours, although if you enjoy that by all means, go ahead. However, I know that I do not, being the lazy person I am. Somethings you can do that you might enjoy more could be dancing, yoga, bike riding, walking or even jumping on you bed. Gentle exercise is proven to lower stress rate and calm the mind, particularly when done socially with people such as friends and family.
Yesterday when I went to school I was really upset. I found it really hard to concentrate on work and even laugh along with my friends who were being the sweetest and noticed straight away. Luckily that day one of my subjects was dance with two of my closest friends. I didn't think I would enjoy that lesson like the rest, but as I got into it, even the warm up stretches and walking around the room immediately took my mind of things and I became so much more happy.

Talk to Someone

I am going to be the first to put my hand up to say that I do not like sharing my feelings. Especially to the people closest to me like my parents and friends because I don't want to worry them in any way or form. I am so lucky to have people who care about me and can tell immediately when something is wrong, but always I say "Everything is fine." or "I'm okay, really." This, I know is bad because we are humans, and cannot bottle all of our feelings up inside. If we don't say anything I know they can get worse. When something like this happens to me, where I don't tell anyone that something is wrong, I feel terrible and ill in some way the next day. Maybe this is my body telling me that it just can't handle the stress I have kept in.

Think Positive

This is a very important one. Changing your frame of mind can change the whole outcome of your life. Telling yourself that "I can't do that" or "I will never finish this" means that you are just setting yourself up for failure. When someone feels like they are failing they begin to carry burdens that get bigger and bigger eventually leading to a stressful situation. Say you have an assignment due and you have hardly even started, being positive and telling your self that "It's not that bad" and " I can easily knock this over" will make you more motivated and make it much easier to get done quicker.

Forgivness

If something that you or someone else has done is holding you back, then simply forgive and move on. Let yourself know that all that is in the past and nothing you can ever do will change it. Holding a grudge, especially to your self can make you feel worthless, and I'll tell you something. Your not. Mistakes happen and letting go of the past is a way to keep you sane and in control of your life.

Find Happiness in Others

Now you are probably thinking "Jade, you have already mentioned this about talking to people about it. What are blabbing on about." Well, what I am talking about is the happiness you find in things other than people. This might be your favourite TV show, favourite YouTuber, favourite book, or even your pet (if you have one). I know that when I am feeling sad or upset, someone I can turn to that will never let me down is my dog. Sounds weird, I know, but in some ways I feel like he understand me and is always there to give me a cuddle when I need. I swear to you he can understand english! Not literally speaking but you know what I mean hahaha.



Thank you so much for reading. I hope this helped you out in any way or form. It is a very important subject that I don't want anyone to feel like they are the only one. Don't forget to share and comment down below, and have a wonderful day!

Jade Madeleine, xo




What helps you when your not feeling the best?


Sportsgirl

You Might Also Like

0 comments