THE CHRISTMAS TAG

23:51:00

As you can probably tell by just stepping out your front door, it is almost Christmas. It is literally my favourite time of year when we are driving down the street and you get a glimpse of some fairy lights. There is just something so wonderful about the whole concept of Christmas. However, instead of blabbing on about how much I really do love the Holiday Season, I decided to do The Christmas Tag. I found this tag off of The Enthusiast so definitely go and check her post out if you have a little extra time. Even though the post is about 4 years old I still really enjoyed reading it and so will you hopefully. Lets get started!


1. What is your favourite Christmas film? My favourite Christmas movie is hands down The Grinch. I love Jim Carry in it and it also makes me feel really nostalgic when I watch it cause I practically grew up watching it over the years.

2. Have you ever had a White Christmas? No, but oh my gosh that would be so so amazing. Where I live I get very little snow, in fact I get none at all. Haha but living in Australia has definitely made me appreciate the cold so much more. When I was 12 my family and I went over to the UK because I have family over there and we went over in March and it had just turned Spring and it was literally snowing. That is about as close as I have ever gotten to a White Christmas.

3. Where do you usually spend your Holiday? Every year since I can remember I have spent Christmas at my own house. My family doesn't generally do much travelling around Christmas and we also don't have other family who live near us we can go visit. So at my house it is aha.

4. What is your favourite Christmas Song? When it comes to things like this I am very indecisive. My favourite movie, favourite food, favourite song even (however it's weird that I have a favourite Christmas movie). I honestly couldn't pick one but some of my top favourite songs are Sleigh Ride by Karmin, I'll be home by Meghan Trainor, orrrrrrr the classic Jingle Bells by Michael Bublè.

5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve? No, I don't think I have ever opened a present on Christmas Eve. Probably like a candy cane off of the tree but nothing too too special haha.

6. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comit, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolf. OMG what I didn't even know I could do that. Just recited the song back to myself from like grade two Christmas Carols. There is eight right? Plus Rudolf.

7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to the most this year? My most favourite tradition every year is decorating the house all festively. It happens every year on the 1st of December however this year we did just two days earlier cause my Dad was going to be working on December first and a few days after so we decided to do it 2 says earlier than like four days later. It's always done with everyone in the family there and we kinda make a whole night of it. We get out snacks, cheese and crackers and fruit and also some yummy Peanut Butter Truffles which I made which you can check out here cause I did a little post on them. We also blast the Christmas music and just have so much fun making the house look as festive as we possibly can.

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake? My tree is fake, however I really love it cause it looks quite real and bushy and it is also kinda sentimental to me cause we have had it for years and I could probably put it together with my eyes closed. But I really do want to try out a real tree one day. I think it would be so much fun. I only know one family who has a real tree so I will have to get some pointers off of them.

9. What is your all-time favourite holiday food / sweet treat? My favourite Christmas foods that are pretty much exclusive to the holiday season and are so cheesy and clichè but I still love them and they are either candy canes or mince pies. Yummm. Or I really love a good Panettone.

10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better? Ok so I have thought about this question a lot and I have come to the conclusion that I love them both so much, however I do prefer to buy presents for people. As much as I love receiving presents, I prefer to be the one buying and choosing for the person. And I have really thought about why and I think it is because I just generally enjoy shopping any time of year round, especially during the holiday season and I mean who doesn't like a bit of retail therapy shopping, even if you are already in a really good mood. Also seeing the look on someones face is just an amazing feeling to know that you made them happy.

11. What is the best Christmas gift you have ever received? There is one present that really stands out from my childhood that Santa himself brought for me and it was a fish tank WITH fish in it. Like omg how cool right? I remember I woke up and I couldn't find the present and my parents it had to be there somewhere so we went downstairs (because the bedrooms, main living area and kitchen were upstairs) and I just saw this amazing fish tank with red and white pebbles and some really pretty fish. That gift was just something that I really remember and I think it was the best.

12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season? My friend Madi and I have been talking only just recently about how we should go travelling after school somewhere cold for the holiday season (kind of jokingly) and she suggested Vancouver or somewhere in Canada cause it is so amazing there during Christmas time with the weather and everything. It was a bit of a joke but that would totally be my dream.

13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably? I am in the middle. I can wrap but please don't expect something you would see in Elf cause the only way I make the present look good is by by a whole lot of sticky tape and a bow.

14. Most memorable holiday moment? One Christmas my family and whole bunch of family friends basically went to the beach and it was nothing special but it was honestly one of the best days ever and I just remember playing with some new pool toys in the waves and almost loosing them out at sea. Also just last year, my Auntie, Uncle and Cousin came over from Scotland which was great and it was really nice time, which I think is what Christmas is mostly about, making great memories.

15. What made you realise the truth about Santa? I don't think anything ever made me realise the truth, I just kind of matured I guess and came around to the idea that ok, maybe one man can't make it all the way around the world in one night. My Mum also picked up on that and got me a card to give to my Dad that said "Even though I don't believe anymore, your still my... something" aha I forgot but it was something cheesy along those lines and I just remember my Dad's face drop and he looked a bit sad, but I do have a younger sister who is 7 and still believes so basically I still believe for her aha ;)

16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you Stick to them? Apart from this year, I had never really made any New Years Resolutions. This year I said I would try and stick to this blog which I hope I have done. For me I am proud cause I have only just started and am still very new believe it or not. I also tried to make sure that I posted at least one post a month just so that it looked very neat in my archives haha.

17. What makes the holidays special for you? The holidays are special to me because I feel everyone is more happy in general which sounds clichè but it's true. I go the the shops and there is so many people are they are all kind and I guess there is something magical about the whole concept of Christmas which I mentioned before but I feel like it's true.



Thank you all so so much for reading. I am sorry I really rambled on for some of the questions but I guess they just had a backstory I just had to share with you. I hope you enjoyed, don't forget to share and comment down below why you love Christmas so much and also if you have a real or fake tree cause I am really curious to know. Have a wonderful and MERRY CHRISTMAS! Byeeeeeeee!

Jade Madeleine, xo



You Might Also Like

0 comments